— Skulduggery Pleasant (via valkyrieflame)
- Erskine Ravel: What are we looking for, by the way?
- Ghastly Bespoke: Seriously? I gave you the file half an hour ago.
- Ravel: Yes, you did.
- Ghastly: Did you read it?
- Ravel: No, I did not.
- Ghastly: *sighs* It's called an Accelerator. It's a big machine type thing.
- Ravel: Great. What does it look like?
- Ghastly: I don't know.
- Ravel: Is that it?
- Ghastly: No. That's a wall.
- Ravel: It could be disguised.
- Ghastly: You're really not very good at looking for things, are you?
- Ravel: I'm good at looking for walls. Look, I found another one.
- Skulduggery: "I think I’ve worked it out, " he said. " I just need to disconnect the Emergency Valve Regulatiors one at a time. Once that’s done, removing the helmet shouldn’t result in any significant trauma. "
- Valkyrie: " Emergency Valve Regulators, " she repeated. " So you do know what you’re doing ? “
- Skulduggery: " Not really, " he said, yanking another wire. " I made that term up to keep you happy. I’m just pulling all the red wires because they’re the pretty ones. "
An Englishman, a Russian, a German, and a Spaniard walk into a bar.
So what? It’s a multicultural society.